Email correction……Rep Kent Smith (D-Euclid) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ohio House Bill HB 223 aims to reduce the setback distance for the siting of industrial wind turbines.
Main section from within the Bill (entire bill attached)
“The rules also shall prescribe a minimum setback for a wind turbine of an economically significant wind farm. That minimum shall be equal to a horizontal distance, from the
turbine’s base to the property line of the wind farm property, equal to one and one-tenth times the total height of the turbine structure as measured from its base to the tip of its highest blade and be at least one thousand one hundred twenty-five feet in horizontal distance from the tip of the turbine’s nearest blade at ninety degrees to (property line – DELETED) (INSERTED – the exterior of the nearest habitable residential structure), if any, located on adjacent property at the time of the certification application.”
Read the bill in its entirety here:
– Email and call Rep Reineke and Senator Burke ASAP telling them to staunchly OPPOSE this bill! Do NOT allow the wind industry an uncompensated easement on non-participating property owners land!
Our State Representative Bill Reineke
– Email: email@example.com
– Phone: (614) 466-1374
Our State Senator Dave Burke
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Phone: (614) 466-8049
It also can not hurt to send an email to the below Sponsors and Co-Sponsors of the bill.
– State Representative Fred Strahornn (D-Dayton) Email: email@example.com
– Michael J. Skindell for State Representative (D-Lakewood) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Rep Kristin Boggs (D-Columbus) Email: email@example.com
– Representative Tavia Galonski (D-Akron) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Rep Glen Holmes (D-MacDonald) Email: email@example.com
– Rep Michele Lepore-Hagan (D-Youngstown) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Rep Joseph Miller (D-Amherst) Email: email@example.com
– Rep Michael J. O’Brien (D-Warren) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Rep Kent Smith (D-Euclid) Email: email@example.com
– Rep Terrence Upchurch (D-Cleveland) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
**You will notice that all of these Representatives are from big cities and they should NOT be trying to tell us what should happen with our rural livelihood and property!
The bill returns setbacks to property lines of 1.1 times the turbine height and 1,125 feet to a habitable residence. Current law requires setbacks from property lines, not habitable residences.
The wording of the proposed bill is attached for your review. Contact your legislators and express your disapproval of this bill.