The community of Greenwich has rallied once again together in the form of an “Ice Cream Social/ Meat Raffle” event that continues to underscore the community’s resolve to not become a host to industrial electrical wind turbines! As we have come to know, fighting Big Wind and the corrupted government supporting them takes money, time, and resources. Not only does it take money to fight, but it takes money to keep our name (GNU) and our cause before the public’s eye. Yes, I guess you could say “It does takes a village and a township” to get the job done!
We also want to congratulate the winners of the meat raffle! There were four of them:
- Linda Teglovic, Greenwich, won the hind quarter
- Laura Rule, Bucyrus, won the pork (half)
- Mary Jane Groh, Vermilion, won 5 chickens
- Mark Lamoreaux, Greenwich, won 5 chickens
Our heart felt thanks to all who made this latest event another resounding success, we were able to raise another $6,917.00 for our cause!
- Thanks to those who sold raffle tickets, they are to be commended for their tireless efforts!
- Thanks for the co- operation of the Coon Hunters Club for providing the facilities for our event!
- We appreciate all those who assisted in serving the delicious ice cream and those who were a part of the clean up!
- And, last but not least, to you Greenwich for investing in your community and enabling us to continue the good fight!
Pictures of the ice cream social will be posted soon in the next post!