We are NOT done fighting yet!!
As we posted yesterday the new version of HB-6 has stripped “Reineke’s Referendum” from the bill.
Today, Thursday, June 27th at 1:30 PM the committee will re-convene on HB-6 and we need to encourage Senators on the Senate Energy and Public Utilities Committee to re-insert the referendum back into the bill.
Please take 10-15 minutes and call these nine Senators on that committee and urge them to support putting the referendum back into the bill:
— State Senator Steve Wilsonn (Chair) Phone: (614) 466-9737
— State Senator Sandra Williams (Ranking Minority Member) Phone: (614) 466-4857
— State Senator Andrew Brenner – Ohio 19th Senate District Phone: (614) 466-8086
— State Senator State Representative Hearcel F. Craig Phone: (614) 466-5131
— State Senator John Eklund Phone: (614) 644-7718
— State Senator Frank Hoagland Phone: (614) 466-6508
— State Senator Sean J. O’Brien Phone: (614) 466-7182
— State Senator Bob Peterson Phone: (614) 466-8156
— State Senator Michael A. Rulli Phone: (614) 466-8285
– Thank them for their time
– Urge Senator to re-insert the wind referendum language back into revised HB-6
– Tell them why Rep. Reineke’s Referendum is important to you (Ex: Local voice in your community, hold developers accountable, protect future economic development, etc..)
– Explain to them that in Sandusky, Seneca, Crawford, Erie, Huron Counties are set to be inundated with hundreds of industrial wind turbines (250 square miles) and the cumulative affect of these projects will dictate our areas development and we deserve a local say in that process.
– Local Control YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/9knJPgrZKjo